This space is dedicated to keep our church community apprised of the transition activities as we seek an Associate Pastor and a Youth Director.
We are guided by Jeremiah 29:11, leaning especially into “…to give you a future with hope…” knowing that God has a plan for One Ascension!
Thank you to all who participated in the Congregational meeting on Sunday. With the Holy Spirit’s guidance we are pleased to announce our Call Committee!
- Crystal Bryant, mother of two children who are active in our Children’s Ministry program
- Michael Feltner, former Finance Committee Chairperson for the Ascension congregation, Dean of Academic Initiatives and Professor of Sports Medicine at Pepperdine University
- Hannah Hurdle, mother of two children at Ascension Early Childhood Center and Ascension Lutheran School, marketing professional
- Tom Lindros, geologist and long-time worshipper at our 10:30 service
- Scott Searway, father of two with experience in youth program, has led Men’s Ministry, insurance industry professional, Community Lay Director and Board Member of the Channel Islands Walk to Emmaus
- Susie Smuck, chief people officer at her company, extensive HR experience, long-time member and leader at Ascension
- Gwen Thompson, deep experience in worship at Ascension, has been the chair of the board of worship